I want to thank you for visiting our website. My name is Billy Reece and I am the pastor of Formosa Baptist Church. My family and I have been at Formosa Baptist Church since May of 2011. My wife Elizabeth and I have been married since May 2000. We have three children: Anna Belle (8), Aubrey (7), and Eli (2).
It is a real joy to be a part of this fellowship of believers. In the halls of our church you will hear lots of laughter coming from people who really enjoy spending time together. In our classrooms you will experience Christ centered teaching. In our sanctuary you will hear the Word of God proclaimed. We desire to honor and glorify God here at Formosa Baptist Church. We invite you to come join us in worship of our great God.
You are also welcome to call or text me at 501-253-1204.
I'd love to hear from you!
Core Values of Formosa Baptist Church:
1. The Cross: The Gospel is central to our ministries. “The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.”1 Corinthians 1:18
2. The Commands: The Word of God is our authority. Our feelings, desires, thoughts, emotions, beliefs, and everything else fall under the authority of Scripture. If any of those things go against Scripture, we must toss them out!
3. The Commitment: We want to love God with all of our heart, mind, and soul. We want our love of God to move us into action.
4. The Call: We are called to be missionaries here at home AND to the ends of the earth. We want to do our utmost in fulfilling this calling by sending our people out into our world to minister in the name of Jesus. Missions is not just something that we do, it is a way of life and thinking. We desire to be witnesses for Jesus.
5. The Community: Our church is a very loving fellowship of believers. We love being together, playing together, laughing together, and caring for each other. We want our fellowship to be done with glad and sincere hearts, and we strive to meet needs within our community.
6. The Communication: Prayer is essential to the believer and to the fellowship of believers. We dedicate ourselves to being a group of people who pray for each other, for the community, for the nation, for the world, and all of this for the glory of God.
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8 (NIV)